Saturday, January 9, 2010

victoria's secrets....secrets no more!

is feminism running in reverse gear?
cos first came bra burning...and now colour sharing.
it really doesnt matter to me...cos im not a feminist.
but i wasnt sure what to make of it...when colours started exploding on my facebook page...apparently to create awareness about breast cancer.

PINK.
SHOCKING PINK.
YELLOW.
GREEN.
DEEP PURPLE.
BLUE WITH WHITE STRIPES.

i even spotted a lime green with some contrast coloured butterflies on it.(!!!)
oh and then there was SILVER.
silver??
really????

id added this girl cos id met her through a friend and couldn't remember what she did for a living.
but let me tell you....not so sure about breast cancer....but hell it peaked my curiosity about her job.
in which profession does one wear a silver bra to work?!

ive promised myself not to "judge" people in 2010...but it gets hard.
very hard.
when someone i know is wearing a beige one....(simply cos it was playing peek-a-boo awhile back with her sweater)...and then she writes RED.
maybe she was being funny.
maybe she meant something else.
im trying not to do what id promised myself not to do.

but being a part of this "mass flirting exercise" on a social networking sight has exhausted me.
a storm in a C-cup as maddy says :)
i need some different hues now.
and i long for my very own personal rainbow...errr...the metaphorical one!


m

5 comments:

  1. well i honestly believe it was very clever gimmic though of by an out of luck voyeur.. and boy did he strike gold or what.
    the best status update i read (put up by a 40 something man) - ''here's celebrating a splash of colours .. and everything that goes behind them''

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahahahaha...good one!
    someone asked me why u not joining in?
    i said...i WILL...when i have the guts enuff or go nuts enuff to post "golden wid leopard print"...anything to outshine that silver :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. also did you notice the splash of fucshias and deep reds ... what lies i tell you. and not a single white or beige ... hrmpphh.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What about those feminists who believe in burning the bra! What color would they be writing!! There is too much gap between your posts. Keep writing, it makes an interesting reading!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hahaha!! This was so truly hilarious! I had people writing 'rainbow' too. Which is just weird if nothing else. I was an orange that day, and all the comments I received where, WHERE did you get it from?! At least I wasn't lying!

    ReplyDelete