Thursday, December 30, 2010

tripping over neruda...

for someone who doesnt believe in lauuu (i hate to even say the word) to begin with, it may only seem ironical that i absolutely lauuu neruda's 'love sonnets n poems'. there is just something about the way he wrote...so heartfelt and pure of emotion.

i dont think the lauu that neruda wrote about, exists.
even if someone may have convinced themselves that it does, i think its usually shortlived.

but in 2011, i hope il spend more time looking for lauu and finding this lauuu.
lauuu, that can now only exist in the imagination of poets and writers.
so here's to a new year, hopefully filled with beautiful poems and great stories.

here, sharing one of my most fav neruda poems.

cheersss


I don't love you as if you were a rose of salt, topaz,
or arrow of carnations that propogate fire:
I love you as one loves certain obscure things,
secretly, between the shadow and the soul.

I love you as the plant that doesn't bloom but carries the light of those flowers, hidden, within itself,
and thanks to your love the tight aroma that arose
from the earth lives dimly in my body.

I love you without knowing how, or when, or from where,
I love you directly without problems or pride:
I love you like this because I don't know any other way
to love,
except in this form in which I am not nor are you,
so close that your hand upon my chest is mine,
so close that your eyes close with my dreams.

- pablo neruda

2 comments:

  1. Great blog Katie. If you dig Neruda, check out the garden we've got growing at

    http://www.redpoppy.net/pablo_neruda.php

    Paz,
    Veronica

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey veronica,

    thanks so much for the kind words and yes for the tip about the neruda blog. checked it out. its really great. a film on him...now that wud be jst great...wouldnt it?! :)

    cheers
    katie

    ReplyDelete