Wednesday, November 11, 2009

the lost "me" in the collective "we"...

he was my last hope.
the one person i knew i could really bitch the world out with, as he blew smoke rings and sang and kept cynicism alive.
even he finally gave in to the pressures.
pressures to adapt to this consumeristic cycle of life...completely.

yes, consumeristic because every relationship and every emotion comes with an expiry date these days. even marriages.
ive celebrated my failures with him.
so im not surprised why i was the last one to know.

but he, who for as long as ive known him, had rejected every cliched conformist idea in the book....to now see him running around getting his "life ready" to get married scares me.

life has no answers he always said.
let yet another question get added to the long list...he now says to assure me.
il continue to fret over the layers and layers of mysteries of this life.

but i wish him all the best and hope that he will be able to find...the lost "me" in the collective "we"...


m

No comments:

Post a Comment