Monday, February 9, 2009

What's in a name?

A few hours that I've been a blogger, ive got questions on why my blog has such a strange name! Now ideally i would have just flicked my hair and said...cos i wanted one...! But just this one time im making an exception.


The thing is im addicted to that absolutely intelligently funny and addictive series called "Sex and the City". And even though I wish I was more like a cross between Carrie and Samantha...my biggest fear is that im actually like Miranda!!!!!!! Anyway....


Now of course this bit is only for the SATC fans. So when Big marries Natasha and Carrie wonders why it wasnt her...the girls come up with a parallel from that old classic fav of mine "the way we were"!


Big is like Hubbell who couldn't be with Katie cos she was too complicated and too independent and too passionate and just too too too everything. And thats when the 4 girls realise that the world is made up of two kinds of girls. The simple girls (the one that hubbell marries and the Big marries) and the Katie girls.


The girls who may SEEM like losers to the world but are actually living life on their own terms. After all how many of us can claim to have that privilege! I imediately realised too that im a katie girl. So when i was choosing a name for my blog and 99 other names got rejected...cos they'd all been taken by the simple girls...i tried this one. and voila!


So there....I AM A KATIE GIRL :)

m

No comments:

Post a Comment